Dive into the world of business marketing With Darren and Trip on Xtra 106.3FM every Saturday!
Marketing strategy without the incorporation of business goals, market landscape, audience understanding, and objective data-driven benchmarks creates large gaps that can derail a business plan. On the Marketing Madmen, their goal is to inform, educate and help listeners execute effective, results-driven marketing plans to promote their businesses!
ABOUT THE HOSTS:
Founder, Chief Strategy Officer
• A seasoned marketing visionary passionate about solving the biggest challenges facing marketing executives today.
• A born entrepreneur, Darren started his first of four businesses at age 26, willing to risk it all with his own capital for each business.
• Darren knows marketing and the realities of business. 35-years working with companies in many different industries. From Fortune 500 corporations to early-stage, venture companies, Darren understands the real challenges that all CEO’s, CFO’s, and CMO’s face with their marketing as they try to put their finger on what campaigns, tactics, and strategies worked the best and what dollars contributed to their success.
• Focused on building teams, believing each individual brings value to the team, Darren is an avid believer in the power of talented group that’s focused on a
Chief Executive Officer
• Extensive sales and marketing leadership experience driving business units to market-leading positions.
• Led businesses from $20M to $450M. Built Neenah Fine Paper from $225M to $365M in 4 years and Oldcastle’s Belgard business from $300M to $400M in 2 years.
• Understands the challenges associated with marketing investments & returns, having managed marketing budgets from $1M to $16M.
• Conducted acquisition efforts, e-commerce initiatives, and sales and marketing training initiatives
• Trip is a natural team builder and operator who has successfully led and aligned staffs through highly transitional times, including global acquisitions, new growth initiatives and geographic expansions.
• Leadership roles include VP, Marketing for Neenah Fine Paper, Director of Sales for Neenah’s Technical Products and Director of Sales & Marketing for Oldcastle.