THANK YOU to 680 The Fan for the generous donation of 1,000 canned food items for our CAN HUNGER Food Drive today at our North Atlanta Branch! With contributions like yours, we are well on our way to collecting 56,000 cans (23 tons) this month for local food banks.
Listeners, please help any way you can! Georgia United Credit Union invites you to participate in our annual “CAN HUNGER” food drive benefitting local food banks in our communities, February 1 through February 29. Help us stock the shelves of your local food pantry and feed neighbors in need. Locally, donations may be dropped off at one of Georgia United’s branches or you can make a $1 donation and Georgia United will purchase a food item for you.
The most requested/needed items are:
• Peanut butter
• Canned tuna & chicken
• Canned fruit & vegetables
• Canned soups, stews and pasta
• 100% fruit juice • Boxed pasta and rice
Please help any way you can! CLICK HERE for more information!
Thank you and thanks for listening to 680 The Fan!
Here are a few thoughts roaming around the mind of 680 The Fan’s “Front Row” radio host:
1. Meatballs are an extremely critical food group especially the one’s they serve at Cibo E Beve in Buckhead.
2. The Falcons will win 10 games, win the division, and of course, have a great chance to make a run in the playoffs.
3. Booze milkshakes are way over-rated.
4. Athens Pizza on Clairmont Rd. in Decatur is celebrating their 50th anniversary in business because they serve the most kick ass greek pizza ever….
5. It was impossible to NOT root for the Cubs to win the World Series because people in Chicago are just plain good people!
6. The best place in Atlanta to celebrate Oktoberfest just might be Downtown at Der Biergarden where they serve outstanding German food and yes, I just said outstanding German food.
7. Tiff’s Treats the delivery service for home-made warm cookies that just opened in Atlanta may be the best idea since the internet.
8. If you are in search of authentic amazing Puerto Rican food look no further than “Porchlight Latin Kitchen” in Smyrna.
9. Dwight Howard is going to be one of the great Atlanta sports stories in recent memory.
10. Crabcake Benedict is what makes our country great!
– Steak Shapiro
680 The Fan
10) That any restaurant who has a patio and serves a good margarita is going to have an amazing Fall…..Some of my favorite Superica.com the amazing Yebobeachhaus.com and don’t ever go to sleep onBartaco.com.
9) That investing time in the HBO series “The Night Of” has been well worth it, can’t say the same about season two of “Mr. Robot” so far.
8) Mohammed Sanu is going to take a lot of heat on sports talk radio this Fall.
7) That the new revamped bar at The Palm in Buckhead will have a lot of hooting and hollering as folks watch games there throughout football season.
6) That Jacob Eason will be frustrated that he cannot wrestle the reins away from Greyson Lambert and be a starter.
5) Hal’s on Old Ivy will be the toughest reservation in the city when the College Football Playoffs semi-finals roll through town end of the year.
4) A former Brave has a good chance to manage the Braves next year…..see David Ross or Mark DeRosa……
3) The new South City Kitchen on Peachtree will blow you away with their charcuterie and their unreal third floor patio overlooking Buckhead.
2) That the Hulu show “Difficult People” will make you feel bad for literally laughing out loud during numerous episodes.
1) That a corn muffin fresh out of the oven with a pad of fresh butter on it will make you remember why you hate the “no carb” craze…..
2) That the new roasted wings at Taco Mac tacomac.com are not only super delicious but a third the calories.
3) That AJ Pierzynski should not be playing in the major leagues any more.
5) That the veal meatloaf at the Buckhead Diner buckheadrestaurants.com is still one of Atlanta’s tastiest dishes.
6) That Josh Pastner will work as hard as any coach in America to get Tech the right players and is serious as a heart attack about recruiting Atlanta.
7) That Breakers Korean BBQ restaurant (recently featured on Atlanta Eats) in Duluth is one of the most fun and delicious nights out you will ever have and the most popular segment we have ever done on the show. Watch here to see why….http://atlantaeats.com/restaurants/breakers/
9) That the new show “Preacher”,directed by Seth Rogen, on AMC is one of the freakiest shows I have seen in awhile. http://www.amc.com/shows/preacher